Scientists explain what happens to your body when you drink green tea every day. Tea is one of the most famous drinks in the world. Tea consumption is second only to water when it comes to, which is the most-eaten drink in the world. Whether tea is reminiscent of the chilled glass of a trendy iced tea in summer or whether it reminds of the Boston tea party, it has long been an essential part of our civilization.
But now we have more reason to celebrate (and drink) tea. Well, we’re talking about green tea, which has proven itself in many tests and scientific experiments. It is considered to be very beneficial to your health, mainly because it has a lot of antioxidants that are naturally found in tea.
Free radicals or oxidants are the particles that can damage our cells and destroy them over time. The antioxidants in green tea destroy these free radicals and thus offer several health benefits, such as:
2. It also has anti-inflammatory properties. This makes it very important to the health of the digestive tract, and regular use can cure or prevent problems such as intestinal disease (IBD), Crohn’s disease, ulcerative colitis, etc.
3. As mentioned earlier, an essential health benefit of green tea is the antioxidant effect. And cancer is mainly caused by damage to the living cell by these free radicals. For example, recent studies have found that regular consumption of green tea can help improve the chances of breast cancer, prostate cancer, colon cancer, etc.
4. It also increases the right cholesterol level in the body. And the antioxidants of green tea prevent the absorption of bad cholesterol in our intestines.
5. Worldwide, cardiovascular disease is the most significant medical death. Green tea has been known to have a positive effect on atherosclerosis. That is, it prevents fats and cholesterol from accumulating in the arteries (which is the reason for a heart attack).
6. Another element that is filled with green tea is catechins. These are available in large quantities in green tea and can help to reverse the damages inflicted on the liver by alcohol and the like. Thus, the regular consumption can counteract the previous use.
7. First, green tea gives a boost to the metabolism so that the food gets absorbed and produces more energy than fat. It also has a phytonutrient called EGCG, which works mainly to make you feel fuller longer.
8. Neuropsychiatric disorders such as cognitive impairment can also be treated with the help of green tea. Green tea has been shown to improve cognitive function.
9. Apart from all this, the importance of green tea has been proven for good dental health, the treatment of arthritis, and the prevention of genital warts. It has also proven to be very good at many dermatological problems.